Swollen legs, varicose veins, and spider veins can make you feel the need to cover up your legs, even in warm weather. If you’re uncomfortable wearing shorts or swimsuits and want to look and feel great this summer, now is the time to start your journey to BetterLooking® legs.
Get BetterLooking® Legs for Summer With These Tips
For some it is about being hair free, having healthy looking skin, or even toning up those calf muscles for a great pair of legs. For you, it’s spider veins, varicose veins, or swelling that are painful and unsightly. Better looking legs is about more than just a few toning workouts and a series of laser hair removal treatments. Here’s how we help you get better looking legs and why you should get started right away so your legs look great in time for summer.
Schedule an Appointment TODAY with a Vein Specialist
Seeing a vein specialist should be one of the first things you do. One of the main reasons it’s important to see a phlebologist as soon as possible is because of insurance requirements*. Most insurance companies cover certain treatments for venous disease. However, most insurance companies require a period of “conservative management” that includes trying compression stockings and weight management under the care of a physician before their approval. This is why it’s important that your first step be to consult with a vein specialist.
*Note that spider vein treatments are not generally covered by insurance plans as they are considered cosmetic-only issues. Please see us so we can discuss payment options available in our practice.
Better Looking Legs With Compression Stockings
Compression stockings and other compression wear are a simple way to improve circulation in your legs. They place gentle, graduated pressure on the legs to prevent swelling, blood clots, and bulging veins.
The time it takes to feel relief and see results varies from patient to patient; however, compression is proven to provide a certain degree of relief for patients and even helps to prevent further damage. However, compression alone does not cure the underlying cause of your vein problem or eliminate your unsightly veins.
Regardless of your insurance, we recommend compression to most of our patients before and after other treatments. We also practice what we preach in the form of prevention through compression.
Treatments for Better Looking Legs
Since most insurance plans require conservative care that lasts anywhere from two weeks to six months, getting starting immediately is important if you want to look better by beach time. If, after your conservative care, you still require more treatment, our vein speciality clinic offers a variety of options to help you enjoy healthier and better looking legs.
Treating the Underlying Cause of Vein Disease
- Endovenous therapy – This procedure uses radiofrequency energy to heat the underlying refluxing saphenous vein closing it off. There is no downtime with this procedure with a short recovery period.
- Venaseal – This ultrasound guided non-surgical treatment involves injecting a medical grade adhesive to seal the refluxing underlying saphenous vein. There is no downtime with patients immediately returning to their normal activities.
- Varithena – This ultrasound guided non-surgical treatment involves injecting a novel foam sclerotherapy into underlying problem veins. Recovery time is short.
Treating Bulging Varicose Veins
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy – This office based treatment is for bulging varicose veins removes the varicose veins under local anesthesia and tiny micro-incisions. There is little downtime with ambulatory phlebectomy.
Treating Spider Veins
- Sclerotherapy – Sclerotherapy is the most recommended treatment worldwide for spider veins on the legs. It involves injecting the spider veins and feeder veins with a solution causing them to sclerose and disappear. Multiple treatment sessions (average 3) and maintenance sessions are needed periodically.
- Laser therapy – Targeted laser therapy is used to treat unsightly spider veins on the legs which do not respond to sclerotherapy. Laser therapy is, also, used as the primary treatment for spider veins on the face. Multiple treatment sessions may be needed.
Treating Leg Swelling
- Lymphedema therapy – This is a specialized treatment performed by our Occupational Therapy team for patients with swelling. The care plan consists of manual lymphatic fluid management, lymphatic wrapping of the involved limb, intensive skin care, compression, and home management. Ongoing care is typically needed.
Get on the Path to Better Looking Legs in Central Georgia
If you want better looking legs for summer, you should start right away. Contact Vein Specialists of the South today to schedule a consultation and get on the path to better looking legs now. VSS was the first vein specialty center in Central Georgia, and we continue to be laser-focused on issues related to leg health and wellness. We’re ready and waiting to hear from you and look forward to helping you get BetterLooking® legs.