Dr. William Veale
Dr. Veale desires to provide the best care to his patients through listening and personal attention. Dr. Veale is a third-generation physician. His grandfather, Norman Veale, was a flight surgeon in World War II, and served with the “Candy Bombers” during the Cold War. His uncle, George Veale, is a retired radiologist in Dothan. His other uncle, Charles Veale, is a family practitioner in Auburn, Alabama, and served as team physician to Auburn’s football team in the 80’s.
Dr Veale has over ten years of experience treating complex arterial and venous disorders. He has great comfort with open and endovascular techniques of venous and arterial circulation. Dr. Veale retains a deep curiosity for the venous system, and has performed many pioneering deep venous procedures in both Alabama and here in Macon, Georgia.
- Medical Doctor, University of Alabama School of Medicine, 2003
- Bachelor of Science, Birmingham-Southern College, 1995
- Masters of Public Health, University of Alabama Birmingham School of Public Health, 1999
- General Surgery Internship, Medical Center of Central Georgia/Mercer University of Medicine, 7/2003- 6/2004
- Residency in General Surgery, MCCG/MUSM, Macon, GA, 7/2003 – 6/2008
- Fellowship in Vascular Surgery, Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia, 7/2008 – 12/2008
- Fellowship in Vascular Surgery, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia, 1/2009 – 7/2010
Board Certification and Added Credentials
- ATLS (Advanced Trauma and Life Support) since 2003
- Georgia State Medical License #059786
- Alabama State Medical License# 30278
- DEA Controlled Substance Registration, Exp. Date and # available upon request
- Board Certification ABS General Surgery 12/2008
- Board Certification ABS Vascular Surgery 5/2011
- ACS- Associate Member for Fellowship
SAGES- Member since 2003
- Southeastern Surgical Congress- Member
- SVS- Member
- SVU- Society for Vascular Ultrasound
Awards, Honors, and Scholarships
- National Merit Scholar
- National Merit Scholarship recipient
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Wilson-Hudson Turner Scholarship (merit-based full medical school scholarship)
- Best Poster- Southeastern Surgical Congress, Savannah, Georgia, February 2007
- Alex Chao Young Investigator’s Award, Society for Vascular Ultrasound National Meeting, June 2009
Family and Community Involvement
- Born and raised in Dothan, Alabama, William Veale practiced there from 2010-2017, as a private practice solo practitioner of vascular and general surgery before moving to Macon in 2017 to work at the Vascular Institute Navicent Health Physician Group.
- Dr Veale and his wife Rachael have three children and attend Vineville United Methodist Church in Macon.
- Family is important to Dr Veale and he is heavily involved in all their extra-curricular activities. He coached youth recreational and travel soccer for over 9 years in Dothan, in addition to coaching baseball. In Macon, he coaches youth soccer at the Macon Soccer Club. His boys play multiple sports, including track, cross-country, soccer, baseball, and football, and soon to get into scouting. Dr Veale is a dedicated father and strongly supports his children when not serving and caring for his patients.
- He volunteers one week a year (in June) at a boy’s sports camp called Camp Laney, in Mentone, Alabama as the “Camp Doc.”